This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

Add EWC to an installed ST2

I’m trying to add Extreme Workflow Composer to ST2. But error occur, error message is
“Error: Package: bwc-enterprise-2.8.1-1.x86_64 (StackStorm_enterprise) Requires: st2 >= 2.8
Error: Package: st2-auth-ldap-2.8.1-1.x86_64 (StackStorm_enterprise) Requires: st2”
ST2 is installed with DOCKER according to this guide Docker — StackStorm 2.8.1 documentation
and when i check the ST2 version is 2.8.1 , obviouslymeets the version requirements

Error message detail :
[root@li1566-230 st2-docker]# sudo yum install -y bwc-enterprise
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

• base: mirrors.linode.com
  • epel: mirror.sfo12.us.leaseweb.net
  • extras: mirrors.linode.com
  • updates: mirrors.linode.com
    Resolving Dependencies
    –> Running transaction check
    —> Package bwc-enterprise.x86_64 0:2.8.1-1 will be installed
    –> Processing Dependency: st2flow >= 2.8 for package: bwc-enterprise-2.8.1-1.x86_64
    –> Processing Dependency: st2-auth-ldap >= 2.8 for package: bwc-enterprise-2.8.1-1.x86_64
    –> Processing Dependency: st2 >= 2.8 for package: bwc-enterprise-2.8.1-1.x86_64
    –> Processing Dependency: bwc-ui >= 2.8 for package: bwc-enterprise-2.8.1-1.x86_64
    –> Running transaction check
    —> Package bwc-enterprise.x86_64 0:2.8.1-1 will be installed
    –> Processing Dependency: st2 >= 2.8 for package: bwc-enterprise-2.8.1-1.x86_64
    —> Package bwc-ui.x86_64 0:2.8.1-1 will be installed
    —> Package st2-auth-ldap.x86_64 0:2.8.1-1 will be installed
    –> Processing Dependency: st2 for package: st2-auth-ldap-2.8.1-1.x86_64
    —> Package st2flow.x86_64 0:2.8.1-1 will be installed
    –> Finished Dependency Resolution
    Error: Package: bwc-enterprise-2.8.1-1.x86_64 (StackStorm_enterprise)
    Requires: st2 >= 2.8
    Error: Package: st2-auth-ldap-2.8.1-1.x86_64 (StackStorm_enterprise)
    Requires: st2
    You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
    You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Check ST2 version info:

[root@li1566-230 st2-docker]# docker-compose exec stackstorm bash
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/init.py:80: RequestsDependencyWarning: urllib3 (1.22) or chardet (2.2.1) doesn’t match a supported version!
RequestsDependencyWarning)
root@e23f12d3bcc0:/# st2 --version
st2 2.8.1, on Python 2.7.6

Are you adding BWC to the official st2-docker 2.8.1 image? If yes, then I guess you installed yum since it isn’t installed in the official image. st2 packages are installed by apt-get, so yum may not be aware of the installed packages, thus figuring that st2 is not installed.

If some other image, share the Dockerfile?

yes. the os system is centos7; Trying to add EWC to st2-docker 2.8.1;

ST2 is installed exactly according this guide Docker — StackStorm 2.8.1 documentation

and add EWC exactly according this guide Installing Extreme Workflow Composer — StackStorm 2.8.1 documentation CentOS part;

what should i do to solve this probleam?

The Docker base image is Ubuntu, not CentOS. If you’re adding EWC, you need to follow the Ubuntu instructions. Something like this:

# Set up Extreme Workflow Composer repository access
curl -s https://${EWC_LICENSE_KEY}:@packagecloud.io/install/repositories/StackStorm/enterprise/script.deb.sh | sudo bash
# Install Extreme Workflow Composer
sudo apt-get install -y bwc-enterprise

If that doesn’t work, provide the output of

uname -a
dpkg -l st2\*
yum list st2\*

thanks a lot. problem solved.

Could you tell me that how to get the trial license for EWC?I have tried some ways but no help.