This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

Can't install version 2.8.1

I need to install version 2.8.1 on a CentOS virtual machine, but every path I’ve tried so far (except vagrant, which I can’t use for what I need to do) either forces me to install 2.9 or is a failure of some sort. Can someone give me some help to get 2.8.1 installed?

I thought installing from sources would be my best bet, so I downloaded the 2.8 branch zip, but it fails with this message:
Finished processing dependencies for st2common==2.8.1
# Some of the tests rely on submodule so we need to make sure submodules are check out
git submodule update --init --recursive
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
make: *** [requirements] Error 128

Is there a a no tests option when building?
I can’t use the git repo, because that installs 2.9.

Thanks in advance

Which installation methods did you try already from Installation — StackStorm 2.9.1 documentation?

For demo one-line scripted install, the command to deploy v2.8.1 is the following:

curl -sSL https://stackstorm.com/packages/install.sh | bash -s -- --version=2.8.1 --user=st2admin --password='Ch@ngeMe'

I wouldn’t recommend to install from sources, as it’s something useful for development environment only.

There are also other different methods: Docker, Ansible, Chef, Puppet and manual install step-by-step, - every method offers versioning pinning.

Thanks @armab
I couldn’t find documentation on how to set the version on that command. I’ll give it a try.

That worked marvelously.