Chatops: Limit Channels / Users / run cmds

(LuisN) #1

Is there also a way to remove the ability to send private msgs to the bot itself?

all i can find

Unfortunately those two patches are going to be the only options until RBAC for ChatOps is implemented properly.

(LuisN) #3

So for now no limitations, can certain run cmds be created within the alias or its all or nothing?
Also lets say only a subset of packs / alias per channel are created, can that be done? ex network team has the network alias, system team has remote run cmd

I don’t think I quite understand everything you are asking, but I’ll try my best to respond.

So for now no limitations, can certain run cmds be created within the alias or its all or nothing?

For now, yes, aliases are available to everybody.

Also lets say only a subset of packs / alias per channel are created, can that be done?

There is no way to specify that an alias should only respond on a certain channel.

ex network team has the network alias, system team has remote run cmd

That’s a good way to organize things, but there is not currently a way to enforce that the network team only has access to network aliases/commands.

This should be a supported case when we write RBAC for ChatOps. We’re working towards that goal but we have nothing to report as of yet.

(LuisN) #5

Thanks blag, I will track this