This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use πŸ”— Github Discussions to ask your questions.

Custom st2 packs on stackstorm HA in kubernetes

Hi All,

I have installed a basic stackstorm HA in kubernetes with helm.
helm repo add stackstorm https://helm.stackstorm.com/
helm install stackstorm/stackstorm-ha

I was trying to add the packs like servicenow and ansible.

Inside the stackstorm docker instance got the error

On checking the docs found GitHub - StackStorm/st2packs-dockerfiles: Source for st2packs-builder and st2packs-runner images
git clone GitHub - StackStorm/st2packs-dockerfiles: Source for st2packs-builder and st2packs-runner images
cd st2packs-dockerfiles
docker build --build-arg PACKS=servicenow -t st2packs:1 st2packs-image

Sending build context to Docker daemon 4.608kB
Step 1/3 : FROM stackstorm/st2packs:builder AS builder

Executing 2 build triggers

β€”> Using cache
β€”> Using cache
β€”> c4b8aecca64e
Step 2/3 : RUN /opt/stackstorm/st2/bin/st2-pack-install ${PACKS}
β€”> Using cache
β€”> 2063f3e71c99
Step 3/3 : FROM stackstorm/st2packs:runtime

Executing 3 build triggers

β€”> Using cache
β€”> Using cache
β€”> Using cache
β€”> 393a047e7d41
Successfully built 393a047e7d41
Successfully tagged st2packs:1

docker ps -a |grep -i st2packs
a808db5d5f9e st2packs:1 β€œ/bin/sh” 12 seconds ago Exited (0) 11 seconds ago st2packs

st2packs 393a047e7d41 23 hours ago 125MB

Created a sample servicenow image pack .

The question is
1)Is this the correct way to create a additional pack ,how does this created pack
work with stackstorm HA
2)IS there a way were we can download or install pack on base OS and redirect the data to the docker stackstom HA
3)I am not sure how to make the st2 pack image work with stackstom HA docker
4)Also when we install stackstorm ha with helm repo does it store the values.yaml in any particular path
I downlaod the values.yaml from git and forced it to use the new value with
helm install -f custom_values.yaml

Hi, please check GitHub - StackStorm/stackstorm-ha: K8s Helm Chart (Ξ²eta!) that codifies StackStorm (aka "IFTTT for Ops" https://stackstorm.com/) Highly Availability fleet as a simple to use reproducible infrastructure-as-code app and StackStorm HA Cluster in Kubernetes - BETA β€” StackStorm 3.3.0 documentation

To build several packs, just provide them via PACKS=servicenow ansible github as an example. You’ll need to re-build the Docker image every time you need the changes to the packs list.

I suggest to tag/version the packs Docker image once you change them and reference that in stackstrorm-ha chart Helm values (see stackstorm-ha/values.yaml at c2e767cf1cde955237f49afb3a8417c05bdfbb43 Β· StackStorm/stackstorm-ha Β· GitHub).

Hope that gives an idea about the first steps.