This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

How force StackStorm Docker images to use python 2.7.11 or higher

Hi,

I want to replace python 2.7.6 in the docker image with 2.7.11 which is required for my python sensor. Does anybody have a recipe to do that. I was able to install 2.7.11 but stackstorm continue to use 2.7.6.

Thanks.

StackStorm services and components use Python binary from /opt/stackstorm/st2/bin/python and pack virtual environments use Python binary from /opt/stackstorm/virtualenvs/<pack name>/bin/python (which is a python binary copied from /opt/stackstorm/st2/bin/python during pack installation and virtual environment creation).

If you want to use a custom binary, you need to copy it to /opt/stackstorm/st2/bin/python and re-create virtual environments for all the affected packs (something along the lines of rm -rf /opt/stackstorm/packs/virtualenvs/<pack name>/ ; st2 run packs.setup_virtualenv packs=<pack name>, etc.) to make sure those virtual environments use the new binary.

This should work if you use Python binary which has been built for / compiled on the same system (same architecture, same underlying C libraries, etc.), but it’s not officially supported.

Great. I wiil give it a try. Thanks for the answer.

Hi @VirtualJR how did you updated python 2.7 version to 2.7.11 or higher for stackstorm…I’m not able to do that