This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

How to restore a MongoDB backup?

Hi!
I’ve just made backup of my StackStorm MongoDB database and created a new StackStorm in a new machine. How can I restore this download? I didn’t found in StackStorm documentation.

How did you create a backup?

Did you backup / copy the underlying data files or did you use mongodump?

mongodump approach is preferred since it results in a consistent backup (which may not be the case if you just copy the underlying data files without making sure all the MongoDB in memory data has been flushed to disk and database process has been gracefully stopped).

If you used mongodump CLI utility, you can use mongorestore utility to restore the backup - https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/reference/program/mongorestore/#bin.mongorestore.