This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

How to specify hosts target of an action in rule

Hi,

New to stackstorm. I have been following example to get myself up to speed. There is one thing that i am not too sure about. I have an action which is remote-shell-script type and able to run individually cmd against remote host using ‘st2 run action hosts=ABC’. However, when i tried the same action with a rule, it seems falling apart, and the rule wont get executed according to the rule-enforcement list. I realized that I did not specify the target host to run against. So I am wondering to where in rule definition i could specify the hosts=ABC ???

Thanks,
Storm

The Action subsection of the Rules section of our docs might answer your question.

hmmm… checked that subsection, no where i can see a mention about. I dont think puting hosts:ABC under the action parameters in the rule section would work. it will be treated like another argument to the script.

The hosts parameter should be read by the remote shell script action runner, and not passed to or interpreted by the script itself.

So you should be able to specify hosts: ABC in the action parameters in the rule.

Just tried it, it seems working. Thanks alot for the prompt response. :+1: