This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

Pack: Ansible Pack failure install

Not sure why during the install i get

In file included from src/kerberos.c:19:0:\n    src/kerberosbasic.h:17:27: fatal error: gssapi/gssapi.h: No such file or directory\n    compilation terminated.\n    error: command 'x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1\n    \n    ----------------------------------------\n (stderr:   Failed building wheel for pykerberos\nCommand \"/opt/stackstorm/virtualenvs/ansible/bin/python -u -c \"import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-I3mA2P/pykerberos/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\\r\\n', '\\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))\" install --record /tmp/pip-3LX4TS-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /opt/stackstorm/virtualenvs/ansible/include/site/python2.7/pykerberos\" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-I3mA2P/pykerberos/\nYou are using pip version 9.0.1, however version 19.0.3 is available.\nYou should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.\n)\n",

thou i have the latest version
pip --version
pip 19.0.3 from /home/hummingbird/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip (python 2.7)

also tried to force using python3 and still fails

failed (24s elapsed) | install pack dependencies | packs.setup_virtualenv

Fixed

sudo apt-get install gcc python-dev libkrb5-dev
1 Like

Yes, that’s what we have in Ansible Pack Readme under Requirements:

Glad that you figured it out!

Most of the time these are dependency-issues. When encountering this error please note before the error it may say you are missing a package or header file — you should find those and install them and verify if it works

For Python 2.x use:

$ sudo apt-get install python-dev

If you using python 3, try to replace python-dev with python3-dev

For a specific version of Python 3, replace x with the minor version in

$ sudo apt-get install python3.x-dev