This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

Parallel runs of same orquesta workflow

Hello Stackstormers,

I was wondering, is it possible to let a single orquesta workflow execute in parallel with different parameters? I’ve noticed that when a sensor triggers my workflow in rapid succession, the triggers will be processed in series, but I would like them to run in parallel.

Is there a configuration option for this? I can’t seem to find it.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Yes, it should.

StackStorm & Orquesta are designed to run workflows/actions in parallel, even with different params.

Try to do more tests by triggering more workflows by hand and check the system resources of your deployment/environment.

And just a note that there are some interesting examples in st2/contrib/examples/actions/workflows at master · StackStorm/st2 · GitHub of workflows themselves, even though its a bit different to what youre asking.

Thanks. I will try it once more. I’ll let you know if I run into specific issues :slight_smile: