Pass custom st2packs to stackstorm in Kubernetes

Hello Team,

I’m able to build custom docker st2packs for my Kubernetes and this pack was pushed “Docker Hub”. Could you please provide steps to pass these docker images from “Docker Hub” to Stackstorm Pods?

Please see StackStorm HA Cluster in Kubernetes - BETA — StackStorm 3.1.0 documentation and try it out.

In order to switch using custom st2 packs Docker image you have to configure details to uploaded image in Helm values: stackstorm-ha/values.yaml at master · StackStorm/stackstorm-ha · GitHub

Hey Armab thanks for your response… but If we have a newer version of custom st2pack docker image later in some point of time (pushed to DockerHub), then how to assign this latest docker image to StackStorm in Kubernetes? Is it required to delete a few pods? Or we need to upgrade the helm chart?

I suggest to tag/version st2-pack Docker images.

This way every time after pushing updated tagged st2-pack Docker image to Docker Hub, - you update Helm values.yaml with the new versioned tag.
After that running helm upgrade will take care of switching needed pods to new pack content.

The approach with versioning/tagging st2 packs image has several benefits. One of them is that you can rollback to previous image of st2 packs if something went wrong during upgrade.

Thanks for your response.