This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

Publish Ansible Variable to Mistral

Hello. Is it possible to publish ansible varibles to mistral? In my workflow, I use ansible.playbook action to get server status like CPU load, uptime, service status, etc then save them to ansible variables. What I need is to pass that variables to mistral. If it is possible, where I can found an example of that? I’ve searched about this but haven’t gotten anything. Thank you.

Hi @roboticpuppies. Welcome.

I’d recommend looking into accomplishing your use case with Orquesta since mitral will be deprecated soon. It’s recommended that all new workflows are created in Orquesta.

Orquesta — StackStorm 3.1.0 documentation

Hello. Does orquesta support Jinja expression? Here is an example of my code using Jinja and Mistral :

action: ansible.playbook
  input:
    inventory_file: "{{ _.hostname }}"
    playbook: playbook/ansible.yaml
    private_key: "/root/.ssh/id_rsa"
    user: "root"
    env: '{"ANSIBLE_STDOUT_CALLBACK":"json"}'

I would like to use Jinja since I’m not familiar with YAQL. I’ve tried to use orquesta but I’m having difficulty when using YAQL.

Orquesta does support Jinja. Adding a link below. I’d recommend that you post what you have tried to do in Orquesta and we can try to help you from there.

https://docs.stackstorm.com/orquesta/index.html

Hello, sorry for the late reply. I tried to use orquesta. Here’s my example workflow :

version: '1.0'

description: Manage service on remote server using Ansible.
input:
  - hostname
  - service_state
  - service_name

tasks:
  manage_service:
    action: ansible.playbook
    input:
      inventory_file: "{{ hostname }}," # <======= This should be from input
      playbook: playbook/playbook1.yaml
      cwd: "/opt/stackstorm/packs/test/actions/workflows"

How to pass variable from orquesta from input into that action?

Hi @roboticpuppies you should use:
"{{ ctx().hostname }}" instead of "{{ hostname }},".

Also - notice there is now quotes after }}