This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

PVC is not created

Hello Team,

I have executed “helm install stackstorm/stackstorm-ha” on my Kubernetes configured on the AWS EC2 instances. After installation, I have found that MongoDB and RabbitMQ pods were not running. During the troubleshooting found that PVC’s were not created. Adding error information here.

[root@k8s-master1 ~]# kubectl describe pvc data-yummy-bear-rabbitmq-ha-0
Name: data-yummy-bear-rabbitmq-ha-0
Namespace: default
StorageClass:
Volume:
Labels: app=rabbitmq-ha
release=yummy-bear
Annotations:
Finalizers: [kubernetes.io/pvc-protection]
Capacity:
Access Modes:
VolumeMode: Filesystem
Mounted By:
Events:
Type Reason Age From Message

Normal FailedBinding 3m20s (x142 over 38m) persistentvolume-controller no persistent volumes available for this claim and no storage class is set
[root@k8s-master1 ~]#

[root@k8s-master1 ~]#
[root@k8s-master1 ~]# kubectl describe pvc datadir-oldfashioned-bison-mongodb-ha-0
Name: datadir-oldfashioned-bison-mongodb-ha-0
Namespace: default
StorageClass:
Volume:
Labels: app=mongodb-ha
release=oldfashioned-bison
Annotations:
Finalizers: [kubernetes.io/pvc-protection]
Capacity:
Access Modes:
VolumeMode: Filesystem
Mounted By: oldfashioned-bison-mongodb-ha-0
Events:
Type Reason Age From Message

Normal FailedBinding 3m36s (x42 over 13m) persistentvolume-controller no persistent volumes available for this claim and no storage class is set
[root@k8s-master1 ~]#

It looks then that the K8s configuration wasn’t complete in AWS environment.

You indeed need to configure your storage properly. Normally in AWS once the PersistentVolumeClaim is created from MongoDB or RabbitMQ charts which rely on persistence, new EBS volumes are dynamically created and attached to respective instances.

How did you install K8s in AWS? For example, when installing via kops it takes care of storage. If you go with AWS EKS, - it’s even easier and everything is ready to use, too.

Related:

Hello Armab,

I have installed K8S manually on EC2 instances.

Is there any way to integrate StackStorm with existing MongoDB and RabbitMQ? Please guide me for both helm charts and mannual configuraiton.

When you installed K8s manually on EC2 instances, which instructions did you follow?

For AWS, take a look at https://kubernetes.io/docs/setup/production-environment/turnkey/aws/#supported-production-grade-tools
Installing K8s is not enough, the harder part is proper configuration.

How your K8s storage class looks like?

For the AWS you have to configure K8s to automatically create storage for you based on Persistent Volume Claims from the Pods.

Take a look:

and other google search articles to get a better idea about how to configure persistent storage depending on a provider (incl. vsphere).