Remote execution through ST2

(AKASH SHARMA) #1

Hi Team,

I am testing a small test case through selenium in python for chromedriver, and trying to achieve this through ST2 pack. But when running through windows-runner, the execution takes place but in background process whereas it should achieve it as a foreground process. Is there any way to achieve this?

Hi there.

The accepted answer on this page might be helpful for you: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/8f4e2ed8-9577-484c-97db-16394c84f912/executing-foreground-task-on-remote-computer?forum=winserverpowershell

If that doesn’t work for you, I have a few questions. What exact pack are you using? The Windows pack? And are you using the Windows Command Runner or the Windows Script Runner?

(AKASH SHARMA) #3

Hi Blag,

Thanks for the quick support. I am using Windows command runner to send a python execution command on remote windows machine. This solution is for windows powershell execution whereas mine is a python script. Is there also similar kinda solution for python execution?
If not, i will try to convert my test case into a powershell script and try that.

As far as I know (and have been able to find), no, there isn’t a solution for doing so with a Python script. Powershell is still “special” in Windows. You should be able to use Powershell to run your script with Python though.