This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

See "systemctl status postgresql.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details

Hi I am getting error while starting Mongo DB and postgresql.service

Job for postgresql.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See “systemctl status postgresql.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details

Since the error suggested checking journalctl -xe, did you try running that? What did it tell you?

Same with systemctl status postgresql.service - did you try running that?

Hi Lindsey,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have run it and i am getting the following error

[184838@digidevdb01 ~] systemctl status postgresql.service ● postgresql.service - PostgreSQL database server Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/postgresql.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled) Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2018-05-10 04:41:18 IST; 2 days ago [184838@digidevdb01 ~]

And have you tried looking at the logs with journalctl? Or done any other debugging?

My first guess would be that you’ve run out of disk space.

Failing that, look at the logs for MongoDB and PostgreSQL. They will tell you why the services won’t start.

Hi Lindsay,

Thanks for the guidance. can you help me with the debugging. I am getting 503 error while generating the token

Please find the exact error message as follows

"Failed to authenticate with credentials provided in the config.

ERROR: 503 Server Error: Service Unavailable

Unable to retrieve detailed message from the HTTP response. Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

for url: http://127.0.0.1:9100/tokens

"

You’re getting that error because ST2 services are not running properly. This is almost certainly because PostgreSQL and MongoDB are not running. If it’s what I think it is, RabbitMQ is probably not working either.

I have already asked you to check the output of journalctl and to check the logs. Have you done that? Have you checked the disk space? Have you done any troubleshooting? Please: try some of the things I’ve suggested, and report those results. Or have you already done that troubleshooting and fixed some issues, but not reported the results here?

I can’t help you any further unless you take some steps to do some troubleshooting yourself. I don’t have access to your system to fix it for you.

Hi Lindsay

Can I schedule a webex to troubleshoot. I am trying develop a POC For automation.

Thanks and Regards

Baskaran K j

Hi Lindsay,

Please find the error message as follows.

systemctl status postgresql.service

● postgresql.service

Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2018-05-10 04:41:18 IST; 4 days ago

May 10 04:41:17 digidevdb01 pg_ctl[17369]: HINT: Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait a few seconds and retry.

May 10 04:41:17 digidevdb01 pg_ctl[17369]: LOG: could not bind IPv4 socket: Address already in use

May 10 04:41:17 digidevdb01 pg_ctl[17369]: HINT: Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait a few seconds and retry.

May 10 04:41:17 digidevdb01 pg_ctl[17369]: WARNING: could not create listen socket for “localhost”

May 10 04:41:17 digidevdb01 pg_ctl[17369]: FATAL: could not create any TCP/IP sockets

May 10 04:41:18 digidevdb01 pg_ctl[17369]: pg_ctl: could not start server

May 10 04:41:18 digidevdb01 systemd[1]: postgresql.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1

May 10 04:41:18 digidevdb01 systemd[1]: Failed to start PostgreSQL database server.

May 10 04:41:18 digidevdb01 systemd[1]: Unit postgresql.service entered failed state.

May 10 04:41:18 digidevdb01 systemd[1]: postgresql.service failed.

[root@digidevdb01 ~]# journalctl :-

– -- Unit session-2668.scope has finished starting up.

Can I schedule a webex to troubleshoot

I can put you in touch with Professional Services organizations that can do paid engagements if you need that?

May 10 04:41:17 digidevdb01 pg_ctl[17369]: LOG: could not bind IPv4 socket: Address already in use

May 10 04:41:17 digidevdb01 pg_ctl[17369]: WARNING: could not create listen socket for “localhost”

May 10 04:41:17 digidevdb01 pg_ctl[17369]: FATAL: could not create any TCP/IP sockets

Again, you have a log file that TELLS YOU WHAT TO CHECK but you haven’t done that. Have you made any effort to check what it suggests? Have you tried doing any of the other things that I’ve asked?

You could also try using Google to figure out why Postgresql is not starting. This is not a StackStorm-specific problem, and there’s a limit to how much free support you can get if you are unwilling to do even minimal troubleshooting yourself.

hi lindsay,

Thanks for the reply.

i have found the error :-

May 15 03:12:20 digidevdb01 mongod[21016]: Error parsing YAML config: duplicate key: security.authorization(canonical key: security.authorization)

May 15 03:12:20 digidevdb01 mongod[21016]: try ‘/usr/bin/mongod --help’ for more information