This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

Self developed pack/action not working

Hi,

I am new to Stack Storm and wanted to create an own package.

To get started my idea was to create a simple pack containing only one python action.
Therefore I followed the docs (Create and Contribute a Pack — StackStorm 3.2.0 documentation) and created a python-script action only doing a print and returning the value.
Installing the package was fine but if I execute the action I always get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/stackstorm/st2/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/python_runner/python_action_wrapper.py", line 333, in <module>
    obj.run()
  File "/opt/stackstorm/st2/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/python_runner/python_action_wrapper.py", line 191, in run
    action = self._get_action_instance()
  File "/opt/stackstorm/st2/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/python_runner/python_action_wrapper.py", line 260, in _get_action_instance
    action_service=action_service)
  File "/opt/stackstorm/st2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/st2common/runners/utils.py", line 142, in get_action_class_instance
    action_instance = action_cls(**kwargs)
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'config'

Have I missed any basic step?

Thanks.
Nikolas

@wingi can you share a copy of your python action that you’re trying?

I identified the issue. Forgot to import Base Action:

from st2common.runners.base_action import Action

After adding this it worked.