This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

Sensor Behaving Weirdly

I have a sensor that looks for a csv file in a certain directory every 60 seconds, parses it, sends the necessary trigger with the values to an action and then deletes the file. I designed it on the lines of the “Running your sensor example” in this link (refer to the code in the section " Examples" under " Running Your First Sensor")

https://docs.stackstorm.com/sensors.html

Whats happening is that the sensor doesnt seem to get awake every 60 seconds by itself. However, if I forcefully debug the sensor like so:

/opt/stackstorm/st2/bin/st2sensorcontainer --config-file=/etc/st2/st2.conf --debug --sensor-ref=my_pack_sensors.FileWatchSensor

It suddenly starts working! What I noticed is that it doesnt seem to like the part where I delete the file (using os.remove()). If I remove that part, the sensor again starts happily emitting the triggers without the need to invoke the debugging like above. I even tried renaming instead of deleting still, no surprise, same result.

Please advise if there is anything I can look into to fix this issue - I dont want to retain the csv file after its processed, and its kind of surprising why the sensor is behaving that way. I even tried replacing it with a polling sensor , still same result.

Any solutions to this question? Please advise at the earliest as this is very much needed for my project’s implementation.