This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

St2-docker: Actions are stuck in "Requested"

Hi,

I have setup a docker environment with the stackstorm/stackstorm:2.10.4 image. For a while it was able to execute actions and I was able to see results, but for some unknown reason they now always stuck in “Requested”. Once in a while they actually execute fully, but not often. No amount of docker-compose down -v and restarting the container helps.

How do I debug this? Tracing doesn’t provide much information

$ st2 execution get     5ecfc9c6266dd002d9050e20
id: 5ecfc9c6266dd002d9050e20
parameters: 
  log_level: DEBUG
  mac_ip_mapping:
    00:0a:95:9d:68:16:
      ip: 193.239.116.126
result: None

Rabbitmq queues are empty and the logs aren’t of much help, but maybe I’m grepping for the wrong thing. tail -F -n 0 /var/log/st2/*.log | grep ERROR keeps including the parameters sent to the api and makes the logs unreadable.
How do I get all the logs related to one execution?

Looks like a Rabbitmq Problem for me. Restarting it helps in our case. We usually check it by RabbitMQ webui. Any other receipts guys?

1 Like

That was indeed the problem, thank you! :+1:

I was running 2 stackstorm containers pointing to the same rabbitmq container with the same user. After creating a rabbitmq container per stackstorm instance (didn’t want to mess waste time finding out how to create users on rabbitmq) it was OK.

It would’ve been nice to have some kind of logs in stackstorm.

Have a good day :slight_smile: