This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

Stackstorm api and dashboard

Is stackstorm dashboard at backend uses stackstorm api or it written as separate (without stackstorm api) ?
Guys i need help to create UI. We actually creating UI on angular and using .net for backend and we calling stackstorm api at .net and output giving to frontend . Is this right way? Or suggest me something else because i am fresher.

StackStorm Web UI is a React app that works with ST2 APIs directly.

Your UI should access st2 APIs, - we’ve seen other companies developing their custom UI. No need to have another backend layer like .net app.

Inspecting API calls when using default st2 web ui can help, also take a look at https://api.stackstorm.com/ for the list of supported API endpoints.

1 Like

actually i am remotely accessing another server , run some command to check memory and disc space. that memory status my action returns so this output i want to show on UI.
is this possible?

Yes, for example you can run particular commands on remote server via stackstorm actions, store the values in st2 k/v storage and query ST2 API to display the result in your custom frontend UI.