This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use đź”— Github Discussions to ask your questions.

Stackstorm HA in VM

I am trying to setup the stackstorm with HA using 3 VMs.
I am following this.
https://docs.stackstorm.com/reference/ha.html#read-write-nfs-mounts

I have a nfs share where all packs will installed so if one vm goes down other vm still able to access all packs and actions.
I have updated /etc/st2/st2.conf file with
[content]
packs_base_paths = /config/stackstorm/packs

I have NOT changed the
[system]
base_path = /opt/stackstorm

When I installed the packs, it still installed in /opt/stackstorm/packs.
How do I configure st2 so that new packs gets installed in nfs share with virtual environment and can be accessed in any st2 vm with nfs mounted?

1 Like

Per st2.conf sample st2/st2.conf.sample at master · StackStorm/st2 · GitHub

# Path to the directory which contains system packs.
system_packs_base_path = /opt/stackstorm/packs
# Paths which will be searched for integration packs.
packs_base_paths = None

packs_base_paths is the dir which will be searched for additional packs when content is registered with st2ctl reload.
It doesn’t mean new packs will be installed in that dir, it only means you have to copy your additional pack content there, if you prefer separation from /opt/stackstorm/packs.

1 Like

@armab Can you expand on this? What is additional content? I was thinking the same this as @rockstar.

I mean additional custom st2 integration packs.

1 Like

So - can I put customer st2 packs there and they will load? My testing tells me no :confused:

Looking closer, the feature was added in st2 v0.8.0: st2/CHANGELOG.rst at master · StackStorm/st2 · GitHub around 2015. There is of course, a chance that something stopped working since that, despite the tests st2/test_content_utils.py at master · StackStorm/st2 · GitHub.

Please report a bug if registering content doesn’t work from packs_base_paths.

1 Like