This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

StackStorm process workflows slower with time

Hi,

I have been running StackStorm for last 6 months and it does not perform the way it used to.
Now StackStorm takes thrice the time to process workflow completely.

Will purging increase the performance? and Is there any way to make it faster again.

Deep C

See Purging Old Operational Data — StackStorm 3.0.1 documentation which answers this question.

Thanks, I tried it but not sure why it did not help much.

Any other way to make it faster. Any suggestions to improve performance .

Usually it makes sense to monitor your MongoDB size and RabbitMQ queue size, identify slow queries and make sure you have enough machine resources.

You can refer to https://www.mongodb.com/products/enterprise-grade-support to which may help with MongoDB performance.

Thanks much :slight_smile: . I will check it.

Is there a way to switch from mongodb to something else to store execution history. Typically mongodb known to perform slow on WRITEs.

There are no plans to replace MongoDB with something else in the nearest time, considering enourmous effort to rewrite the platform.

There was a proposal to drop MongoDB, here is a discussion: Proposal: Drop MongoDB who is no longer open source · Issue #4564 · StackStorm/st2 · GitHub.

Thanks for the update