Status of orchestra open source?

Hi, I’m looking for the status of open source orchestra.
django-orchestra/INSTALL.md at master · glic3rinu/django-orchestra · GitHub was touched
last on January 2018 with the question of “What’s the status of this project?” and no answer. There are also multiple open issues.
I don’t want to start down the path of investigation of orchestra if the open
source version is not supported.
Thank you, bob schaefer, MIT Haystack Observatory.

Hi Robert, I can sympathize with you wanting to know the status of an open source project. It’s frustrating when the maintainers of projects don’t respond, and especially so for status update requests.

I have some good news and some bad news for you.

The bad news is that neither our StackStorm automation product nor EWC (our enterprise web UI for StackStorm) are related to the django-orchestra project in any way. The django-orchestra project says that it is a “Django-based framework for building web hosting control panels”, but the search term ‘StackStorm’ does not appear anywhere in its repository. Our open source StackStorm automation product also ships with its own web UI and does not use django-orchestra at all. In fact, despite also being written in Python, StackStorm is not based on Django, and therefore does not use Django apps. Due to this, we do not have any additional information on the status of django-orchestra than you.

The good news is that I can tell you that our Orquesta project (please note the different spelling, this was very intentional to avoid conflation and confusion) is alive and well. It’s last commit to master was twelve days ago, it is still shipped as part of our StackStorm automation product, and I can confirm for you that it will continue to be the primary workflow engine for StackStorm for the foreseeable future.

The repository for our Orquesta project, the workflow engine for our StackStorm automation product, is located here:

If you have any further questions about Orquesta, you are more than welcome to ask them here, or in our official Slack community, where you will get more traffic and better response times.

As the django-orchestra project is unrelated, discussing that project’s status is considered offtopic for these forums.