This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use đź”— Github Discussions to ask your questions.

Test Stackstorm Alias Output

Hello, is there any way to quickly show the output of result in Chatops Alias? I usually run actual command to hubot then wait for Stackstorm to reply to it, then see the output of the result. I need it because I usually have a problem when calling a false variable for the result.

# How to quickly see the output of these?
result:
  format: | 
      *Execution Overview*
      <% ctx().abcd %>

Thank you.

As it currently stands, there isn’t an easier way to test action-aliases than to actually execute it.

Action-Aliases do not support YAQL, only Jinja. There is no {{ ctx() }} function available in the format section. The data structure that will be available to action-alias templating is the {{ execution }} variable.

If you display this value, you’ll be able to see the data set structure and values that are available.

1 Like