This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use đź”— Github Discussions to ask your questions.

Various questions about workflows

Hello.

I am currently evaluating StackStorm and quite like it so far, we are comparing it against other more generic process workflow engines like Camunda for self-remediation on a network environment,

I have been playing with workflows but I got a few questions

On this kind of workflow, how could I for example on, make the loop only run the action when a specific condition is matched (for example item().status != "closed"

version: 1.0

description: Close all the Opsgenie alerts

tasks:
  list_alerts:
    action: opsgenie.list_alerts
    next:
      - when: <% succeeded() %>
        do: close_alerts
        publish:
          - alerts: <% result().result.data %>

close_alerts:
    with:
      items: <% ctx(alerts) %>
      concurrency: 3
    action: opsgenie.close_alert alert_id=<% item().id %>

Also there is a interesting feature on Camunda that I could not find here : https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.12/reference/bpmn20/events/message-events/#message-intermediate-catching-event

It would allow for a workflow to pause somewhere in a step and wait for an external event (typically a webhook) to trigger to continue, I could not find a way to do the same here ?

Thanks.

1 Like

I think StackStorm Inquiries is what you’re looking for. Check out Inquiries — StackStorm 3.1.0 documentation

1 Like

On checkpoint/pause, you can take a look at inquiries at Inquiries — StackStorm 3.1.0 documentation and see if that solve your use case. You can call the inquiry API or CLI to resume the workflow if it needs to be automated.

1 Like

On making with-items only run the action when a specific condition is matched (item().status != “closed”), you can use a YAQL or Jinja expression to filter the items based on the status in your use case before passing that into with-items.

1 Like

Can you give me an example ? I though YaQL and Jinja were only in Mistral.

1 Like

@kedare start here:

https://docs.stackstorm.com/orquesta/expressions.html