This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

API support to Download Files

I’m using Stackstorm for Ansible playbooks executions.

I have installed st2 ansible pack

st2 pack install ansible

and using Stackstorm’s API to create executions for executing playbooks.

I have a bit specific usecase which require to download file on client-side (using http client) through rest-apis.

I can fetch files using ansible from control nodes (using ansible’s fetch module) on certain directories. but I need to download that file on client side through stackstorm rest apis…

suggest suitable solution for same…
Thanks

Hi @manoj-aps! Welcome to StackStorm!

To make sure I understand your question, are you saying you wish to HTTP GET a file from somewherel save it on the ST2 local server and then make it available via HTTP(s) from Stackstorm?

If I understood you correctly there are really two ways to accomplish this.

The first would be to build a flask server in docker that serves up a folder which the stanley user can write to, and have your sensor which pulls the file from somewhere write it to that directory. Here’s an example implementation: GitHub - Syncurity/syn-st2-flask. Keep in mind that I have other private code that modifies the files in app/static folders. I also have another repo that I use for running the flask app with docker-compose. GitHub - Syncurity/syn-st2-docker: Docker Services to Support Security Automation Brokers and Storage

The other option would be to take the approach this guy took with Palo Alto External Dynamic Block Lists: https://medium.com/@IrekRomaniuk/stackstorm-as-source-of-firewall-dynamic-list-1ff79f808a5f

Let me know if this helps.

I need to use StackStorm REST api interface to download files from remote machines. Please suggest if there is any api support for same.