This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

Documentation: Config details for connecting to external PostgreSQL MongoDB and RabbitMQ Clusters

This post is for you if you are using a separate PostgreSQL/RabbitMQ/MongoDB HA Cluster.

I went through some pain getting this to work, and I was asked to make a post to hopefully save the next person some of that pain.

In my build scripts i used crudini to manipulate configuration files.

MongoDB

/etc/st2/st2.conf

sudo crudini --set /etc/st2/st2.conf database host "mongodb://${mongo_node1},${mongo_node1}/?replicaSet=${replica_set}"
sudo crudini --set /etc/st2/st2.conf database port ${monogo_port}
sudo crudini --set /etc/st2/st2.conf database username ${monogo_user}
sudo crudini --set /etc/st2/st2.conf database password ${monogo_user}
sudo crudini --set /etc/st2/st2.conf database db_name ${monogo_db}

RabbitMQ

/etc/st2/st2.conf

crudini --set /etc/st2/st2.conf messaging cluster_urls "amqp://${rabbit_user}:${rabbit_pass}@${rabbit_node1}:5672/,amqp://${rabbit_user}:${rabbit_pass}@${rabbit_node2}:5672/"

/etc/mistral/mistral.conf

sudo crudini --set /etc/mistral/mistral.conf DEFAULT transport_url "rabbit://${rabbit_user}:${rabbit_pass}@${RABBITMQ_LOADBALANCER_ENDPOINT}:5672"

PostgreSQL

/etc/mistral/mistral.conf

sudo crudini --set /etc/mistral/mistral.conf database connection "postgresql+psycopg2://mistral:${postgres_pwd}@${POSTGRES_ENDPOINT}/mistral"

2 Likes