This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

ERROR: 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 7689-7690: truncated \uXXXX escape

When interrogating prior failed jobs from the command line, running st2 execution get stackstormId it produces this output. I am wondering if there is either a patch, upgrade or have my logs filled up my allowed space?

I am running st2 2.7.1, on Python 2.7 under a docker installation

Cheers,

Peter Gits

This sounds like a bug.
Please try latest st2 v2.9 version as there are a lot of fixes came in since 2.7.

If you still experience this issue after updating, please report a bug in github.com/stackstorm/st2 including steps to reproduce it.

That’s a unicode decoding issue, not a disk space issue.

This is happening on the client? Or is the client reporting an error that happened on the server?

It is happening on the server when I use the st2 command.

Is the error appearing in your server logs?

Or does it appear in the same terminal where you are running st2?

Can you post the result of st2 --debug execution get stackstormId here?