This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

How to add a self cert certificate for an action

Hi There

I am trying to use the jenkins pack to integrate with my jenkins server to trigger tasks, however, I always receive the ssl certification verification failure.

I tried this method, but no luck
echo -n | openssl s_client -connect alm-jenkins1.systems:443 | sed -ne ‘/-BEGIN CERTIFICATE-/,/-END CERTIFICATE-/p’ >> /etc/ssl/st2/st2.crt

Could you share with me what is the correct method ?

Thank you

For production use, I would suggest to get a real SSL certificates when possible. Will save from many issues.

Talking about the workaround.
Jenkins pack (GitHub - StackStorm-Exchange/stackstorm-jenkins: Jenkins CI Integration Pack) uses python-jenkins library under the hood. Quick google gave me the following: https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-jenkins/+bug/1677041 and python-jenkins code.

So you need to pass PYTHONHTTPSVERIFY=0 via additional env param to the action, see: Actions — StackStorm 3.0dev documentation.
That should disable SSL verification when communicating with Jenkins server from st2 inegration pack.