This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.

⚠️ We've moved!

Hi there!

To reduce project dependency on 3rd party paid services the StackStorm TSC has decided to move the Q/A from this forum to Github Discussions. This will make user experience better integrated with the native Github flow, as well as the questions closer to the community where they can provide answers.

Use 🔗 Github Discussions to ask your questions.

Unable to update st2 3.4

Today, I upgrade stackstorm from 3.1 to 3.4 with document. Previously, I already install python36 and python36-devel in RHEL7 instance. when I run command yum update st2, it tells me it lost python3-devel and stop upgrade. I guess these two packages almostly the same. but I can’t remove python36-devel and install python3-devel instead, due to python36-devel used by other applications. Do you have any workaroud to upgrade st2 3.4?

Check the Upgrade Instructions here:
https://docs.stackstorm.com/install/upgrades.html

You need to apply all the recommended upgrade steps from st2 v3.1 to v3.4

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I followed all recommendations except python36-devel instead of python3-devel. And I used “rpm install st2 --nodeps” command to install st2 straightly to avoid dependency confliction. And now ST2 v3.4 is running on RHEL 7 instance.

All my packages virtualenv created based on python36 and python36-devel, and python scripts were tested on the top. I will test packges in this new version, and feedback if something wrong with python compatibility issue.